I. What is the KOOP Community Council (CC) Mission Statement?
The KOOP Community Council mission includes providing:
a. An advisory capacity to the KOOP Board of Directors, General Manager & volunteer Membership
b. community outreach services – to the community at large, especially the under-served, in order to connect the community with KOOP Radio.
c. community in-reach services- as an avenue for promoting a participatory, cooperative, healthy and professional work environment throughout the station
II. What is and what are CC areas of Responsibilities?
Community Council. KOOP Bylaws describe the structure and basic duties of a Community Council, advising the Board of Directors and supporting KOOP’s development and community outreach.
The Community Council is responsible for championing our KOOP culture among our membership and in the community. The council establishes and maintains relationships with community organizations, advocates for inclusion and diversity, seeks out barriers that inhibit participation and advises the KOOP Board and leadership around opportunities for excellence and improvement.
The Community Council provides support and serves as a source of organizational knowledge for KOOP members and volunteers. The Community Council may sponsor orientation sessions and peer support or social events for new or returning volunteers. The Community Council maintains standards for how KOOP represents itself in community events and outreach efforts and may organize a calendar of recommended outreach events for the General Manager to consider for planning and staffing.
KOOP Community Council Composition:
- Chair: Pedro Gatos firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-Chair: Lynn Cowles email@example.com
- Secretary: Nora Redfern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roscoe Overton email@example.com
- Penny Jo (PJ) Pullus firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christina Jackson email@example.com
- Alan Pogue firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Simmons email@example.com
- Rocio Pena-Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Franklin email@example.com
- Safaa Al Mahamid firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Zelade (Zeke) email@example.com
- Greg Ciotti firstname.lastname@example.org (CC consultant effective 11/8/22)
Standing Community Council Meeting Times & Dates:
I. Community Council (CC) Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of each month (7:15-8:30pm)
II. CC Subcommittee on Systemic Racism & Racial Justice: 1st Tues. each month (7-8:15pm)
III. CC Subcommittee on Cooperative Building: Monthly meetings TBA