KOOP Radio currently has the following employment opportunities:
Volunteer Coordinator, Part-Time
Do you love working with people and helping volunteers find a way to support our community? KOOP Radio seeks an enthusiastic, self-motivated team member to be our Volunteer Coordinator.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: 20hrs. per week
Positions supervised: Volunteers
Responsible for KOOP volunteers management; day-to-day coordination of volunteer activities; and on-boarding of new volunteers.
– Knowledge of and passion for community radio and KOOP’s mission.
– Volunteer management experience, preferably with a nonprofit community organization
– Experience as a volunteer, preferably with a nonprofit community organization.
– Experience in mediation or conflict resolution
– Experience working with time tracking systems
– Experience training or teaching volunteers preferred
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
– Multi-lingual a plus
– Radio experience is a plus
– Ability to learn and teach skills applicable to volunteers
– Ability to work well under pressure and without direct supervision
– Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary
– Ability to work with a wide variety of people in a multicultural, cooperative, progressive organization
– Schedule, coordinate, and supervise off-air volunteers
– Assist staff in fulfilling and scheduling volunteer tasks
– Conduct volunteer orientations and intake on a regular basis
– Coordinate volunteer training in cooperation with other staff
– Direct volunteers to appropriate areas of work
– Lead staff for co-sponsorships and tabling events
– Represent the interest of volunteers within the station
– Assist in conflict resolution between volunteers and in volunteer grievances
– Promote KOOP volunteering
– Responsible for volunteer recognition
– Responsible for maintaining and keeping current KOOP’s volunteer management system, volunteer records, notifications, and applicable reporting
– Attend staff and operating team meetings as needed
– Other position related duties as assigned
Hours and Wage
This is a non-exempt part-time position, 20 hours per week with a starting salary of $16.20/hour.
Inside KOOP Radio
The Volunteer Coordinator is the first staff person a prospective volunteer meets and must represent the station to a wide variety of people. Recruitment and outreach to new potential volunteers must reflect KOOP’s strategic diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
KOOP has over 125 volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator conducts a monthly volunteer orientation, interviews prospective volunteers for off-air, and directs people to appropriate training and responsibilities. The job requires communication with the other staff to determine the needs for volunteers to fill. You will be coordinating over one hundred twenty-five off-air and on-air volunteers. You must be able to say no to people who fail to meet our current volunteer requirements.
KOOP has live remote broadcasts and events that require an intense amount of time and coordination. The Volunteer Coordinator must assist as necessary and may be expected to work evenings and weekends. The atmosphere is hectic and stimulating. The ability to work in this kind of environment is essential.
Workplace expectations at KOOP radio include effective verbal and written communications; conflict de-escalation; skillful volunteer relations and utilization; capable project management; work-area organization; response to phone calls and correspondence; teamwork and cooperation with other employees, volunteers, and Board of Directors, Community Council and Programming Committee members; furtherance of KOOP mission, goals, and values; meeting attendance and participation.
Computer, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office, CRM Systems, voicemail, copier, phone, studio recording equipment a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, and up to 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Initial screening begins November 22th, 2021.